tweedledum

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

won't you come back to me??

when i was younger, i once completed a 2000 piece jigsaw puzzle; and i was really sad, because i had invariably lost one piece. that little cardboard square that completed the puzzle, that made the whole thing whole.... and i prayed and prayed for days on end that i'll one day find it...; refusing to let my maid break apart and keep those other 1999 squares who were waiting in vain for their lost friend...

and i guess God even answers the smallest of prayers, because against all odds, i did, indeed find that one missing piece. but its funny how the mind works, how human nature works... you somehow only want and miss something when its gone, and when it comes back to you, you tend to forget its value, or its importance to you. that last piece in place, i soon forgot about the entire puzzle, and it became a thing of the past.

8 years down the road... i've once again lost something i now sorely miss... a gift from my dad, a companion and friend, another part of me... and it saddens me so, to know that something of mine is gone... i'm not sure how, i'm not sure when; all i know is that i can no longer find it, regardless of how long or hard i've tried, that singular thing just eludes me... and so once again, here i am, praying, that it'll come back to me, that it'll let me find it, and this time.... i promise to treasure it and treat it as it should have been treated, if it would but return..........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)