tweedledum

Thursday, March 09, 2006

i'll leave it up to Him...

i'm starting to feel a little lost as to what to do this break. i'm suddenly presented with a multitude of options and choices, of which i do not which to settle on. i initially decided not to do my internship this break, after the rather anti-climatic lack of reply from citibank, the only company i applied with. then i thought fine, this may in fact be God's choice, and a way to tell me to focus on the other thing i have been increasing concerning myself with, that of my business. so then i decided, fine, i'll not intern or work this holiday, and dedicate my full attention and time to building up and promoting tickled orange, with plans to go store by store to look for consignment opportunities etc. and i was fine with that, especially since timing seemed just about right and i was asked if i wanted to join some friends on an overseas community servive mission to thailand this break, something i'm actually quite keen on, having not given anything back to the society since JC times, and something which i sorely missed.

come yesterday, another group of my friends wanted to get together to plan a trip to taiwan for a short holiday, and i was all on for that too! i was just thanking my lucky stars that all four trips i planned to go on this break did not clash, when news came that i actually had a chance to do an internship in the end. so which to choose? what is a good exchange? i definitely can't do all, and i definitely have to forgo some things. and that, my friends, is my present dilemna. although, as i write this, i feel that i should not be complaining either. i've been blessed enough to be presented with so many opportunities, and i should relish and delight in them, instead of feeling tied down or troubled by them.

but how should i proceed and how should i reply to my friends making plans and needing an answer? i suppose my answer is a tentative yes to all. i've decided to at the very least give myself a chance, and send in my CV for 'inspection'. what comes out of this, and what doesn't, i'll leave it up to God and fate. and if i do get it, then i'll just have to forgo my three trips to thailand, hongkong, and taiwan. the one to la and las vegas, i'll definitely go on. the tickets are confirmed, the rooms booked, and anyway, i'm leaving directly after exams (3 days after), so i'll have no trouble going for that and still meeting the 10 week internship duration criteria if i do get it. so now, i'll just have to leave things up to Him. my alternatives are there, my routes clear. the only thing left, my decided path. what happens next, what will be in store for me, i'll just have to wait and see....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)