tweedledum

Monday, March 20, 2006

pandora's box

I was just in the midst of doing research for tomorrow morning's impending comms presentation, when I chanced upon this oh so famous legend, and felt so impelled to make a post. You see, I’ll be doing a presentation on pandora.com tomorrow, and thought to look into the legend of Pandora’s Box to see if I could somehow create some kind of grand opening to my speech. Lol. And lo and behold, the fascinating story! if you don't know much about it, the gist of it is about how this box, filled with all the evils, pain, and suffering of the world, was set loose on Earth, and I’m amazed at the numerous parallels the legend has to the bible. In fact, my interest in this I think is as much as it was when I found the parallels between the bible and the Koran! It’s really amazing how each have basically the same facts, but spin different tales as to its reasoning and origins. The Pandora box legend here also links to the creation of man, in a tale I find undoubtedly similar to that of Adam and eve. No snake here, but regardless, the creation of man and woman, that breath of life, and the downfall of man (or here, mankind), BECAUSE of women. Why are we always the one to blame? Deceit and a definite display of weakness in character are always associated to women, and never to men! What so makes them the superior sex?! Haha. Before I digress further, really, go give this a read!; and see for yourselves, the similarities. I even found the linkage to Noah’s ark in there! But anyhow, this particular part of the legend touched me, so I’ll leave it here for you to peruse.

Thus, according to the ancients, evil entered into the world, bringing untold misery; but Hope followed closely in its footsteps, to aid struggling humanity, and point to a happier future.

" Hope rules a land for ever green:
All powers that serve the bright-eyed Queen
Are confident and gay;
Clouds at her bidding disappear;
Points she to aught ? - the bliss draws near,
And Fancy smooths the way."
Wordsworth


It doesn't make much of an impact here, but read it in unison with the rest of the story, and maybe you too will feel the same way. Anyhow, really interesting stuff! I wish I had time to read or share more, but it's back to work for me. Haha. Wish me luck for my individual presentation tomorrow. Toodles!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)